Monday, October 30, 2006

Dill Sauce to go with the Smoked Salmon

I start with the sauce, because you can get the smoked salmon in a fine gourmet shop, or even at your local supermarket. Soon, I will post the smoking salmon recipe for you. Salmon is a great fish to have for breakfast, with some toast and this sauce ...
The basic recipe for this sauce was provided to me by my good friend Chef Murat, and I don't know where he got it from
, I might think that that's his own recipe... he is a clever Chef !
What I did, over the times I did it, was to alter it to my taste, adding a bit of creme fraiche and sour creme as well and a bit more Gin than normal... ;-)
So, here goes:

4 spoons heaped with Mayonnaise; 2 spoons heaped with creme fraiche; 2 spoons heaped with sour creme;, 2 spoons heaped with pommery mustard, the grainy one; 4 spoons good quality Gin; 6 spoons heaped with finely chopped dill leaves; some drops of hand pressed lemmon juice and some Salt, pepper from the mill and Worcestershire sauce to taste.

Mix all but leave the chopped dill to the end, toghether with the seasonings.
Wait 1 or 2 hours and that's it. Refrigerate allways.
When using it, add some salmon roe, a tiny leaf of dill on top and a lemmon slice on the side.
Ravishing.
(it goes super with fish fingers as well)

No comments:

Chefs at Home

Having a party with your good friends? Would you like to spoil them with amazing food? Staying in the Algarve region in Portugal? Ask for Amazing Chefs at Home