Thursday, April 26, 2007

Au revoir, mes amis

And Pierre Meneau said to me... "Merci José d'etre venu c'était un vrai plaisir pour nous, en espérant te revoir bientot."
Depending on me, it can be soon...

My french is still not good enough to write these words perfectly, so I will be doing it in English, this time...

This Stage in Marc Meneau's L'Espérance was beyhond my expectations, I have learned so much in such short time, but most of all I have learned that it is possible to produce great cuisine, with the maximum quality and to do it with such humanity and brotherhood as in L'Espérance with this wonderfull band of brother and sister Chefs that I have worked with.

It is now time for me to interiorize the lessons, time for me to remember all that I did not take pictures from and that I did not take notes from:- the love and caring humanity that surrounded this spectacular kitchen. All this reflects on the final product, no doubt about it. The miracle of this good food has angels behind it, belive my words...

From Koschina's kitchen I had the possibility of learning all that I know, for the past 2 years. Having the possibility of learning my profession from one great Chef is very good, even outstanding, but to get the chance to learn from two of the greatest European Chefs, beeing one the best Chef in Portugal and the other one of the best Chefs in France, this, my friends is beyhond all that I thought I could get in my life. I just wonder what is still waiting for me further down the road...

My thoughts go now to all the friends that I've left behind in St-Père-en-Vézelay: Marc, Françoise, Pierre, Aurelien, Laurent, Sebastien, Emanuel, Julien, Adeline, Thomas, Brice, Julien B,Takashi, Juliana, Carla, Émeric, Cecille, Daniel, Marylin, Lili, Tiffany, and all the others that are in my heart, and will be for a long, long time. May you all find what you are looking for in your lives and may one day we meet again.

Au revoir, mes Amis !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O SABER NÃO OCUPA LUGAR!OH ZÉ MANEL PARABÉNS POR SABERES MAIS NA QUALIDADE DA COZINHA FRANCESA E A BOA EQUIPA QUE TE ACOMPANHOU DURANTE O TEMPO EM QUE PERMANECESTES!FORÇA!TEU PAI AMIGO
BEIJOS

Chefs at Home

Having a party with your good friends? Would you like to spoil them with amazing food? Staying in the Algarve region in Portugal? Ask for Amazing Chefs at Home